Founded in Lebanon in 1946, Transmed S.A.L Lebanon sells and distributes consumer goods, including major brands from Procter & Gamble, Mars, and Clorox. The company has expanded to include operations in the United Arab Emirates, Syria, Jordan, and several African countries. Each subsidiary acts as its own entity, with its own separate IT infrastructure.
Transmed S.A.L Lebanon was using a SQL database in its head office in Lebanon. As the company expanded, the database became unreliable and cumbersome.
The project was divided into the following milestones:
- Platform porting from Windows to Unix
- Database conversion from SQLServer to Oracle
- Implementation of ArcTools purge and archive solution
- Upgrade from JD Edwards EnterpriseOne release 8.11 to E9.0
- Implementation of Oracle Red Stack
- Retrofitting of old Customizations and GoLive
A Faster and Easier Upgrade with ArcTools
ARCTOOLS and Transmed worked together to reduce the quantity of data to be converted, which in turn shortened and stabilized the upgrade.
CFO of Transmed S.A.L.